Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lizards and monkeys.

There are lizards in my bungalow and monkeys in the trees.

I still can't get over the fact that I'm actually here; in Thailand; on an island. Yes, I'm on an island. And yes, its hot everyday. And yes, there are elephant treks in the jungle.

(Yes, there is jungle).

Today is my second day in Koh Chang; an island about 5 hours east of Bangkok. In my search for an escape from some of the noise and odor of the city, I found this small little paradise. It is somewhat developed, and not quite as cheap as I had hoped, but in Thailand, even what we begin to see as expensive is actually cheap.

I will probably stay here one more night, especially after getting quite sun burnt from a fishing and snorkeling trip all day yesterday. I don't want to move too much.

7 comments:

Josh Jackson said...

Nice!!

I got two flat tires on my motorcycle in the little town that connected to the Koh Chang by boat. I spent more repairing the tires than I did on the bike. :)

Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, lizards!! I would love to see some pics of them... and the monkeys.
Fishing and snorkeling sound fun.
Just can't wait to see you again and see ALL your photos.
Thinking of you all the time and glad you are safe,
Auntie Cheryl

k baergen said...

beautiful.

i can't wait.


keep yourself in one piece brother.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine...how surreal to see monkeys in the trees! The REAL trees, not the fake ones in the monkey house at Brookfield! Wow. I can't wait to see pics.

Love you!

~Alissa

frankevan said...

you inspire me.

-frank

Hannah said...

That is so awesome Seth! I can't even imagine what that must be like. You have no concept of how jealous I am right now!

Love,
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey!
Just finished teaching anatomy to some "monkeys" of my own over here!
How was the snorkeling?

Food for thought:
"A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world; everyone you meet is your mirror." --Ken Keyes Jr. 1921-1990

Keep enjoying every little moment; it's so refreshing to hear!
I love you Seth,
Mom