Monday, July 21, 2008

Tomorrow brings change.

I cannot make any promises. It is not that I cannot keep them, but if I did it would break your heart, and break my own.

Tomorrow I fly to India. I do not feel ready to go, to leave your strength, but I have to step in the only direction time allows me: forward. This is more than me, this is my calling.

Last night I stood on the bridge over the canal and I said goodnight for two hours. Was it really that long? Did the morning already come? I can still taste the night.

Life is moving at a steady clip, but it races in the final hours. I will not drag my feet, but if I can I will stand in place while the world rushes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be greatly missed I 'm sure. But you are on your way to touching more lives and making many more memories. Press on. Love, Jackie

Anonymous said...

I know how much it hurts to leave someone you've come to care about. And all I can say is I'm sorry that you have to go through that. But like you said, you have to move forward. Stay strong. Stay safe.

Love you!

~Alissa