Sunday, July 20, 2008

Its 3:00 a.m.

I am sitting in my room. I just arrived back at my guesthouse after seeing the last showing of the Dark Knight with Chon. On the ride home, as we sat together in the back of the cab I noticed her silently counting with her fingers in her lap.

"What are you counting?" I asked her.

"Three days left in Bangkok," she said to me, referring to my flight on the 23rd. "Today is the twentieth."

We parted ways at the "T" in the road and I turned on my heel to look at the empty raining path behind me, though once again I did not expect to see anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it humorous that you are in THAILAND and have still seen The Dark Knight before me! I'm jealous!

It sounds like you're really liking this girl. I know you're trying not to get attached, and for good reason, but don't let that limit your last 3 days. Do whatever your heart desires.
When the heart and brain conflict, most "sensible" people tend to do what they KNOW is best. But I think that doing what your brain says, just to spare your heart, tends to leave you with a lot of "what-if's" and "shoulda's". Follow your heart, cuz. It's a lot more resilient than you think.

Love you!

~Alissa