Thursday, October 9, 2008

A labor of solitude. (Shattered thoughts.)

Why have I not written here? I have no answer. Parchment pages have absorbed the ink of a burning pen and one is gone, spent of all black dye in a matter of 14 days. An intentional effort. A labor of solitude. It is work to become great but why write with the expectation of becoming so? Write for yourself. Try to decipher the mind. Become unhinged; bent in the way. It is pointless in battering inevitable motion with human complaints, yet I continue to rant over the speed of an unbridled mind -- the speed which my incapable hands will never match. Is the reality of what I write now only found in interruptions of my reading? What I want to write versus what the pen drags, versus conclusive drafts, versus preliminary concerns.

Less than two weeks and yet I am ages behind my mind's eye. A vestige created by a walking pace.

[Stalwart stone houses. Rice grows in the alley. Steady autumn eyes arouse mine mid-stride. Blink, gone. Cramping legs. A grunting howl and a toenail chips. Who chopped the green banana tree and where does he sleep tonight? Dainty crimson petals dry pink upon green stems. Evergreen striations droop with thick pine nectar. River streak shrinks as heightened canyon walls flip the scale. Inverse relationships. Oxygen drops, pressure rises. Gasp at twilight, wheeze at dawn. Shroud of breath. Anatomy and mathematics. One foot. Two feet. Climb with the mind. Five thousand four hundred times 39.37.]

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Glad to hear that you are still alive, I was beginning to wonder. Continuing to pray for your journey of discovery. Ballard

Anonymous said...

Oh it was great to see and read your writings again. They are way to deep for my mind but I love reading them. I am glad you are well and we are all missing you. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Be blessed Seth. You are Blessed. Love, Jackie

Anonymous said...

I've been missing your blogs, honey. Glad to hear from you again. Jamie said you'd be out of touch for a while. Soon it will be your birthday............
Love You,
Auntie Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Seth,
So nice to hear from you again, and know you're well.
Can you please explain that last line to me? (we'll talk about the rest of it when you get home!)
Love to you honey,
Mom